Joint Calendar v.13
The tool to combine different Odoo events in a few configurable super calendars. Shared calendar. Common calendar.
Multifarious events on a single calendar
Besides, you may have an unlimited number of joint calendars with various events, configurations and user groups included, divided by teams or functional areas. Each joint calendar has an own menu item.
Super calendars are updated automatically according to the scheduled jobs. It is fast, especially if you applied time frames.
Fast switching between functional areas
Topical and relevant information
You may also define which documents to show by setting up special filters. Show opportunities but not leads. Work with orders of this sales team but not of others. Merge only overdue activities but not future ones.
How to add a new document type for a joint calendar
To add a new document type for a joint calendar you should set up a joint calendar rule. This rule defines which Odoo objects should create events, which fields of that object should be shown, and whether any filtering should take place. The app will try to add the most typical values by default, but you should think which data is required in your exact case.
- Model - which objects to scan: opportunities, tasks, orders, meetings, activities, and so on. You can choose your custom document type as well!
- Name - what to use as a joint event name (also used as calendar event title). Usually it is 'name', 'subject' or 'reference'.
- Start date - when an event starts. For example, 'expecting closing' for opportunities or 'order date' for quotations. It may be any date or date with time field of a source Odoo object.
- Attendees - who are participants (responsible persons, event owners). Usually, it is a field 'assigned to', 'a sales person' or 'attendees'. You may use even document 'followers'. It is possible to apply both users and partners as attendees
- Stop date - when an even is shown as finished on a calendar.
- Always Whole Day - means that all generated events would last the whole day disregarding whether start or stop are defined with hours and minutes. Such an event would be shown at a special place on a calendar (above the time line)
- Whole Day - a special boolean field of source object which indicates that a related joint event may lasts the whole day. This setting is usually applied to standard Odoo calendar events which both might have definite time indicated or might be planned for a whole day.
- Description - are there any notes important for joint events? Usually the fields like 'internal notes' or 'comments' are used
- Contact Link - is this event linked to a specific partner? Usually the fields like 'customer' or 'vendor' are used
- Domain - the special filters' constructor to include only topical documents into a joint calendar. You might search almost by any criteria. For example, show only quotations without sales orders, or show opportunities only of this sales team or of this customer. If you are confident to make Reverse Polish Notations you may also turn on the debug mode to construct advanced filters.
- Action - defines which form view should be shown when you open a source document from a joint event. It is a technical field which in the most cases should not be changed in comparison to a default value.
How to configure a new joint calendar based on rules
As soon as you prepare a few joint event rules, you are ready to configure a new joint calendar.
First of all, define a title. It would be used as a menu entry for all joint calendar users.
Second of all, choose document types (rules) which should be merged on this shared calendar.
Then, switch to the advanced settings. Some of those might be useful:
- Sequence - in which order various joint calendars' entries are shown. Should it be before the previous super calendar? Then, make a sequence smaller.
- Privacy - let you make a calendar public or private (for predefined user groups only).
- Time limits - allow you optimizing performance of joint events' interfaces. Often there is no need to show the documents of the last year on a calendar.
Is this joint calendar is not any more of use, but it might be needed in the Future? Fine, just archive this calendar: you can activate it at any moment afterwards.
Multiple rules to search documents by types
Joint calendar settings
Joint event rule (example of opportunities)
Joint event rule (example of sale orders)
Joint event rule (example of meetings)
Joint event rule (example of tasks)
Joint event rule (example of time offs)
Automatic reminders for any Odoo document
How to introduce a warning system
All you need is to prepare a few reminders and indicate those as default on a shared calendar form. Once joint events are generated, each of those would have the same alarms. Afterwards, you may update the these alarms for certain items if you want.
Thus, you can make reminders for any Odoo document automatically. Remind sales persons about next actions in opportunities and calls. Warn workers about a new manufacturing order. Notify programmers about deadlines. So on and so on.
Use both email notifications or pop-up warnings. Warn attendees and responsible users at the moment you like to: from 5 minutes to hundreds of days before.
Configure pop-up alarm for any Odoo event
Email reminder by any Odoo object
Excellent responsive team of programmers
Joint Calendar is the perfect addition to the standard Calendaring system that Odoo offers. It makes the job of setting up specific departmental calendars filled with any objects you wish very easy and Alex and the team provides fantastic after-sales support, responding in most cases within 24 hours to requests for help. Thanks for a great module.
Essential to have Activities, Tasks, Meetings etc all in one calendar and shared.
Great service support very quick and were right on with fixing the issue... I think the ability to see everything on one shared calendar is such an essential part of coordination and time management. Great product once you sort out the rules you need!
This makes the Event Calendar so much more useful !
We bought this to combine certain project tasks with the schedules of our maintenance engineers. We now have a better overview which moments are overlapping the schedules of other events. The joining of multiple events in 1 event calendar is super easy, it should be a standard option in ODOO.
Better then expected
The app does exactly what was needed. Combine all tasks from all calendars to one. And allows to manages all activities from all modules in one place.
Quick access to source details
How are source documents and joint events interrelated
Users observes a link for a source document right on an event form. Thus, it is always possible to expand miscellaneous details.
If you changed a joint event, its parent object would be updated correspondingly in real time. For example, you drag a record and drop it to another date, then a source document would be also moved. Be cautious: it does not work for computed and readonly fields (e.g. a create date can not be modified logically).
If you changed a source object, a joint event would be updated with a next super calendar scheduled job.
Joint event form with simple access to parent document
Simple user rights administration
Used in any functional area
Configuration and Installation Tips for Joint Calendar Odoo v.13
- Turn on the debug mode
- Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
- Find the job 'Refresh Joint Events' to change the frequency of calendars' update
- Find the job 'Notify About Joint Event' to change the frequency of email alarms.
Email alarm style
- Activate the developer mode
- Go to technical settings > Email > Templates
- Find the template 'Joint Event Notification'
- You are welcome to change here message body
- Email subject might be changed through the translated term 'Reminder by Event'.
Frequently Asked Questions about Joint Calendar Odoo v.13
According to the current Odoo Apps Store policies:
- every module bought for the version 12.0 and prior gives you an access to the all versions up to 12.0.
- starting from the version 13.0, every version of the module should be purchased separately.
- disregarding the version, purchasing a tool grants you a right for all updates and bug fixes within a major version.
Take into account that Odoo Tools team does not control those policies. By all questions please contact the Odoo Apps Store representatives directly.
Unzip source code of purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
As soon as you purchased the app, the button 'Deploy on Odoo.sh' will appear on the app's page in the Odoo store. Push this button and follow the instructions.
Take into account that for paid tools you need to have a private GIT repository linked to your Odoo.sh projects
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
Red / orange warning itself does not influence features of the app. Regretfully, sometimes our modules do not pass standard automatic tests, since the latter assumes behavior which is in conflict with our apps goals. For example, we change price calculation, while standard Odoo module tests compare final price to standard algorithm.
So, first of all, please check deployed database features. Does everything work correctly?
If you still assume that warning influences real features, please contact us and forward full installation logs and the full lists of deployed modules (including core and third party ones).
Odoo demonstration databases (live previews)
For this app we might provide a free personalized demo database.
By your request we will prepare an individual live preview database, where you would be able to apply any tests and to check assumptions during 14 days.
In case you have faced any bugs or inconsistent behavior, do not hesitate to contact us. We guarantee to provide fixes during 60 days after a purchase, while even after this period we are strongly interested to improve our tools.
Please include in your request as many details as possible: screen shots, Odoo server logs, full description of how to re-produce your problem, and so on. Usually it takes a few business days to prepare a working plan by an issue (if a bug is confirmed) or provide you with guidelines what should be done (otherwise).
Public features request and module ideas (free development)
We are strongly motivated to improve our tools and would be grateful for any sort of feedback. In case your requirements are of public use and might be efficiently implemented, the team would include those into our to-do list.
Such to-do list is processed on a regular basis and does not assume extra fees. Altough we cannot promise deadlines and final design, it might be a good way to get desired features without investments and risks.
New features and extra Odoo services (individual development)
Each of our apps might be customized and extended to suit your specific requirements.
Our customization team fulfills not only such jobs but it also provides a full range of Odoo services. From simple modifications and consultations to complex enterprise projects. The team has completed over 100 implementations since 2012, and might help with any technical or business needs.
The tool to build deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use. Knowledge System. KMS298€
The tool for time-based service management from booking appointment to sale and reviews399€
The tool to create website documentation based on your knowledge base437€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OneDrive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with Google Drive files in both ways394€