ownCloud / Nextcloud Odoo Integration v.17
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with ownCloud/Nextcloud files in both ways
This is the tool to integrate Nextcloud/ownCloud features with Odoo folders and files. The app automatically stores Odoo attachments and directories in ownCloud/Nextcloud and provides instant access to them via web links.
Very good product
A perfect solution to integrate Owncloud with Odoo. We sync a high volume of objects across multiple Odoo models, which works seamless and stable. For us it is the perfect solution to have an external DMS instead of the Odoo native attachment handling, which also enables us to interchange files between systems in our best-of-breed setup.
The team behind this module is extremely professional and responsive. They helped us on a few occasions and provided clear answers and prompt support when required, and they even went out of their way to assist us with another requirement we had. Cannot recommend the product and team highly enough, try this if you're in the market to connect Odoo with an external document solution.
Works according to specs
I have used this app with Odoo 12 and Nextcloud 16 and it works as specified. Odoo Tools offers very responsive support which is really helpful. Of course 5 stars...!
This is Awesome
I have used Cloud Sync on Next/Own Cloud and works really great.
How synchronization works
Internal and public URLs
By default links from Odoo to ownCloud/Nextcloud are internal: only authorized users may access them. Optionally make links public (the setting 'Use Public URLs'). Then, URLs would be 'shared', and everybody would access items by a direct link.
Be cautious if you decide to use shared (public) URLs. Although the links would be hardly known by external users, there is a slight chance that they become available as a result of some user actions. Besides, sharing link generation is not fast and might make synchronization slower.
Configuration and Installation Tips for ownCloud / Nextcloud Odoo Integration Odoo v.17
The tool depends on the external library 'owncloud'. Install this library for your Odoo server through the command:
pip3 install pyocclient
Configuration and log in
- Turn on the option 'ownCloud/Nextcloud Sync' (cloud Storage > Configuration > Configuration). The optional add-on ownCloud/Nextcloud Odoo Integration is required
- Go to Odoo Cloud Storage > Configuration > Cloud Clients press 'Create'
- As a reference, introduce any name which would be clear to all users
- As a Cloud client, choose 'Nextcloud' or 'ownCloud' depending on the software you are using
- As a Root folder name, enter a title that will be used as the parent directory for all synced folders. For example, 'Odoo' or 'OdooERP'
- Enter your ownCloud/Nextcloud full URL
- Select an ownCloud/Nextcloud user, which has full rights to read, create, write and delete files and folders within a root directory
- Enter the login and password of this user to the fields 'Login' and 'Password'
- Choose whether you would like to apply public or internal URLs (see below)
- Press 'Confirm'. Odoo synchronization is ready to be done
- Apply the newly created cloud client to folder rules and/or manual folders which should be synced to that Nextcloud or ownCloud instance
- Await the sync scheduled job to be started. For testing purposes only: trigger integration manually from Cloud Storage > Configuration > Configuration > the button 'Launch sync'.
Watch also the configuration video
Enter ownCloud/Nextcloud credentials
Frequently Asked Questions about ownCloud / Nextcloud Odoo Integration Odoo v.17
The app assumes that the binary content of attachments is kept in Cloud Client instead of the Odoo server. So, such attachments in Odoo become of the URL type, and you may any time access them either from the attachments box or from the Cloud Client.
After the setup, no manual actions are required, as the synchronization is fully automatic. Just decide which Odoo document types should be synced and set up a related model to sync for each of those (Customers, Sale or Purchase Orders, Tasks, Projects, etc.).
Yes, you can. To that goal, prepare a rule for each, and then those apply filters: for example by type of a project.
Try to make filters self-exclusive in order a document can be definitely assigned. For instance, 'customer but not supplier', 'supplier but not customer'. Otherwise, a specific document folder would jump from one model to another.
No. We have strong reasons to avoid real time sync:
Performance issues. In case a sync is real time, each file upload will result in the loading screen.
Conflict issues. If 2 users simultaneously change an item, it might lead to unresolved situations. In case of regular jobs we can fix it afterwards, while in case of real time we would need to save it as some queue, and it will be even more misleading for users.
Functionality issues. In particular, renaming and restructuring of items. In the backward sync the tool strictly relies upon directories' logic, and during each sync 100% of items are checked. In case it is done after each update, it will be thousands of requests per second. If not: changes would be lost.
Yes, depending on your cloud client configuration.
Yes, although in case of many folders / attachments to sync, the process might be slow. Simultaneously, our clients reported to us the environments with >10k partners and ~5k product variants to be synced, and the processes were acceptable.
A few points to emphasize:
The sync is constructed in such a way that anyway any item will be synced and will not be lost, although it might be not fast. It is guaranteed by first-in-first-out queues and by each job commits.
The number of objects might be limited logically. The models' configuration let you restrict sync of obsolete items (e.g there is no sense to sync archived partners or orders which are done 2 years ago).
No, the tags are not synchronized. We considered this feature previously, but made a decision not to introduce such a feature due to a number of reasons:
The connector library doesn't support getting or updating OwnCloud tags
Odoo attachments do not have the attribute 'tags' and it is not fully clear when those tags would be assigned to users.
Since the app provides bilateral sync, there might be critical conflicts during sync which would be difficult to resolve.
The easiest approach is to use the Odoo store built-in workflow:
1. Open the module's page and click the button Deploy on odoo.sh
2. After that, you will be redirected to the GitHub page. Login to your account and click 'Create a new repo' or use the existing one. Please, make sure, that your repository is private. It is not permitted to publish the apps under the OPL-1 license. If necessary, create a new repo for your Odoo.sh project
3. Then, go to odoo.sh and click on the deploy button, submit the decision in the pop-up window and click 'Continue'. The action will trigger the installation process.
These steps would install the app for your project production branch. If you wanted to deploy the apps for other branches or update the module, you should undertake the following actions:
1. Upload the source code for the app from the Odoo store
2. Commit the module to a required GitHub repository. Make sure that none of the app folders/files are ignored (included in the .gitignore of your repo). Repositories are automatically created by odoo.sh, which might add by default some crucial items there (e.g. /lib). You should upload all module directories, subdirectories, and files without exceptions
3. Deploy a target branch of the odoo.sh project or wait until it is automatically built if your settings assume that.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
A red/orange warning itself does not influence features of the app. Regretfully, sometimes our modules do not pass standard automatic tests, since the latter assumes behavior which is in conflict with our apps goals. For example, we change price calculation, while standard Odoo module tests compare final price to standard algorithm.
So, first of all, please check deployed database features. Does everything work correctly?
If you still assume that warning influences real features, please contact us and forward full installation logs and the full lists of deployed modules (including core and third party ones).
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
The price for our modules is set up in euros. The Odoo store converts prices in others currencies according to its internal exchange rate. Thus, the price in US Dollars may change, when exchange rate changes.
Odoo demonstration databases (live previews)
For this app, we might provide a free personalized demo database.
By your request, we will prepare an individual live preview database, where you would be able to apply any tests and check assumptions for 14 days.
In case you have faced any bugs or inconsistent behavior, do not hesitate to contact us. We guarantee to provide fixes within 60 days after the purchase, while even after this period we are strongly interested to improve our tools.
Please include in your request as many details as possible: screenshots, Odoo server logs, a full description of how to reproduce your problem, and so on. Usually, it takes a few business days to prepare a working plan for an issue (if a bug is confirmed) or provide you with guidelines on what should be done (otherwise).
Public features requests and module ideas (free development)
We are strongly motivated to improve our tools and would be grateful for any sort of feedback. In case your requirements are of public use and might be efficiently implemented, the team would include those in our to-do list.
Such a to-do list is processed on a regular basis and does not assume extra fees. Although we cannot promise deadlines and final design, it might be a good way to get desired features without investments and risks.
The tool to build a deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use. Knowledge System. KMS. Wiki-like revisions.298€
The tool for time-based service management from booking appointments to sales and reviews
The tool to set up KPI targets and control their fulfillment by periods. KPI dashboards. Dashboard designer. KPI charts
The tool to flexibly structure Odoo attachments in folders and synchronize directories with cloud clients: Google Drive, OneDrive/SharePoint, Nextcloud/ownCloud, and Dropbox. DMS. File Manager. Document management system245€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OneDrive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with Google Drive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with DropBox files in both ways394€