OneDrive / SharePoint Odoo Integration v.13
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OneDrive files in both ways
Selectable documents types for sync
The tool let you split any business model into a few directories. Have a separate folder for individuals and companies, for European and American opportunities, for each project, etc.
Moreover, it is possible to guarantee that only topical documents are synced by using relative periods: leads registered in the last 3 months, invoices updated the last week, and so on.
Typical use cases
- Projects: have an own OneDrive / SharePoint folder for each customer project.
- Customers: add all partner files in a single directory available both from Odoo and from OneDrive / SharePoint. Modify those using default cloud editors and access them when working in Odoo.
- Employees: gather all files by this employee in a single cloud folder: photos, document scans, contracts. Access and upload those from Odoo and OneDrive / SharePoint alternatively.
- Opportunities: carefully store all specifications, requirements, any files which would let you make a good offer.
- Orders: keep all printings and contracts in OneDrive / SharePoint with simple availability from Odoo.
Choose document types to be synced
Document type might have a few folders based on filters
Automatic and bilateral integration
Synced attachments are physically kept only in a cloud storage, what increases Odoo interface performance. Simultaneously, you can open documents from Odoo or download those in a single click.
How files and folders are synced from Odoo to OneDrive / SharePoint
Based on the scheduled job 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' Odoo regularly checks whether:
- Any new attachment should be forwarded to OneDrive / SharePoint;
- Any new document type (e.g. Sale orders) is added / replaced / renamed as a sync model and, hence, whether a directory should be created / removed / renamed in OneDrive / SharePoint;
- Any new document (e.g. Sale Order SO019) is generated / updated / unlinked and, hence, whether a OneDrive / SharePoint folder should be created / moved or renamed / deleted.
- Any new attachment should be removed from OneDrive / SharePoint if it has been deleted from Odoo.
Based on results of that checks, Odoo starts processing queue of changes, and makes sure that all items are located correctly. The final goal is to have the structure 'Odoo / Document Types / Documents / Files. For example, 'Odoo / Quotations / SO019 / commercial offer.pdf'.
During the synchronization all synced Odoo attachments change their type to a link (URL), while binary content is removed with a next Odoo cleaner. So, no actual files would be stored on your Odoo server.
Please take into account:
- Each sync (especially the very first one) might take quite a long. It is not recommended to make sync too frequent: once an hour seems reasonable frequency.
- File names should be managed in OneDrive / SharePoint: each backward sync would recover OneDrive / SharePoint names, Odoo is here less important.
How items are retrieved from OneDrive / SharePoint to Odoo
Based on the scheduled job 'Synchronize attachments from cloud' Odoo regularly checks whether:
- Any file is added / moved / removed in a OneDrive / SharePoint document folder. If yes, Odoo would create a link to this file in a target object (e.g. a new attachment to SO019) or would move / delete such an attachment.
- Any file of a OneDrive / SharePoint document folder is renamed. If yes, an attachment would be renamed in Odoo as well.
- In document folders you can put not only files but also child folders. In that case a link for this folder (not its content) would be kept in Odoo attachments.
- If you deleted a folder related to this document type or this document, their child files would be deleted as well. Thus, Odoo would remove related attachments. The folders, however, will be recovered with a next direct sync.
- Each backward sync might take quite a long. It is not recommended to make sync too frequent: once an hour seems safe enough.
Synced files are simply found in OneDrive / SharePoint. Add unlimited number of files or folders
Document types folders in OneDrive / SharePoint
All document of this type has an own folder
Direct access to OneDrive / SharePoint items
- Click on attachment to open it in OneDrive / SharePoint in a new tab (necessary to be logged in OneDrive / SharePoint);
- Click the icon of cloud to start downloading file from OneDrive / SharePoint (no extra check in is required)
- Push the button "Open cloud folder" to open all files related to this document.
Fully integrated and compatible with Enterprise Documents
It does not contradict printing, mailing, or Enterprise documents features.
For the latter it is also possible to fully reflect directories structure, not only sync standard attachments.
How Odoo Enterprise Documents are synced
This tool is not in conflict with the 'documents' module provided under the Enterprise license. Attachments related to Enterprise folders would be synced as any other files: according to a document they relate to.
It is not always comfortable, and you might be interested in reflecting directories' structure introduced by the module 'Documents'. To this end the special extension is developed. This extension introduces the following features:
- The documents hierarchy is reflected within the folder 'Odoo / Odoo Docs'
- Each Odoo folder has a linked cloud folder. Take into account that folders created in the cloud storage will be synced as Odoo attachments. The key principle is: folders are managed by Odoo, files are managed by the cloud client
- All files are synced with the same logic as usual attachments. Files created in Odoo will be added to the cloud storage and will be replaced with links in Odoo. Files created in cloud storage will generate attachments within a paired directory
- Please do not name synced models as 'Odoo Docs'. This is the reserved name for Odoo Enterprise Documents
A few other peculiarities to take into account
- Try to avoid the following symbols in folders' and files' names: *, ?, ", ', :, <, >, |, +, %, !, @, \, /,. Direct sync will replace such symbols with '-'. It is done to avoid conflicts with file systems.
Direct access from Odoo documents to OneDrive / SharePoint
Enterprise Documents in OneDrive / SharePoint
Enterprise files in OneDrive / SharePoint
An impressive app and world-class support
I have been very impressed by the way the OneDrive / SharePoint Odoo Integration module synchronises content in both directions and allows me to share documents in Odoo with my SharePoint site. Above all the technical support is top-notch, which greatly increases the value of this product. I highly recommend this product for anyone considering synchronising Odoo with SharePoint/OneDrive.
very professional app, excellen t customer service
This app is very well programmed and does its job very well. But the best is the excellent customer service who also helps when the problem lies somewhere else. You receive a lot for your money.
Works fine, good support
The first experience with the module is excellent. I had some trouble to configure things right on the Microsoft-side, but the team provided quick and good support.
OneDrive / SharePoint Sync logs in Odoo
Default folders for documents
Configuration and Installation Tips for OneDrive / SharePoint Odoo Integration Odoo v.13
pip3 install microsoftgraph-python
Configuration and log in
- Make sure your Microsoft user has full admin rights for OneDrive / SharePoint you want to connect to Odoo. This user is required only to grant permissions, the user data would not be kept any where in Odoo, and would not be used any more. Besides, make sure a Microsoft email address you use does not have a redirection (usually happens when you configure your domain name, while the prime address is still one of Microsoft domains like @outlook.com, @office365, etc.)
- Go to your Azure Portal: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_RegisteredApps/ApplicationsListBlade
- Click 'New registration'
- Introduce a new name for the application and assign the redirect URI as [YOURODOOSITENAME]/one_drive_token (e.g. https://odootools.com/one_drive_token). As the supported account types choose 'Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory - Multitenant) and personal Microsoft accounts (e.g. Skype, Xbox)'.
- Copy the Application Client ID to the Odoo field 'App client_id'
- Go to Certificates & secrets - Click 'New Client Secret'. Copy the secret value to the Odoo field 'App Secret Key'
- For SharePoint sites only:
- Go to your SharePoint site and prepare a new documents' library (drive). You might use one of the existing ones, e.g. 'Documents'. Odoo folder would be put there afterwards, and it would be impossible to move it for another library
- Check the boxes 'OneDrive for business' and 'Use SharePoint sites'
- The SharePoint URL should be of the type https://[URL]/. The last '/' is required, sitename should not be included into. For example, https://odootools.sharepoint.com/
- SharePoint site should be either my_site_name (in that case it is considered as sites/my_site_name) or sites/my_site_name (instead of 'sites' it might be 'teams' and so on). There should be no '/' at the beginning or at the end. For example, sites/odootools
- As Documents Library use one created in SharePoint
- Press Save on the Odoo configuration Page.
- Press 'Login and Confirm'. Odoo redirects you to Microsoft login page. Check in and grant permissions asked.
- After login, Microsoft redirects you back to Odoo. OneDrive – Odoo synchronization is ready to be done.
Create OneDrive application
New OneDrive Web platform and redirect url
Generate new secret for your application
Enter configuration keys in Odoo
- Press the button 'Reconnect'
- Press the button 'Login and confirm'
Scheduled jobs and sync frequency
- Turn on debug mode
- Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
- Find the jobs 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' and 'Update attachments from cloud'
Frequently Asked Questions about OneDrive / SharePoint Odoo Integration Odoo v.13
Yes, you can. To this end:
Turn on debug mode
Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
Find the jobs 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' and 'Update attachments from cloud'.
Take into account that you should not make them too frequent. It is preferable this job is finished until a new one is started. Thus, the configuration should depend on how many items you to sync you have. Usually, the frequency is set up between 10 minutes to 4 hours.
Make also sure that you have set up enough time limits in your Odoo configuration file. Thus, LIMIT_TIME_CPU and LIMIT_TIME_REAL parameters should be equal or bigger than planned cron job time. Starting from the version 13 consider also the parameter LIMIT_TIME_REAL_CRON.
An import notice for Odoo.sh clients: the maximum time for cron job might be set up as 15 minutes only.
Yes, you can. To that goal you should prepare a separate sync model on the configuration tab. Then, for each of those apply filters: for example by type of a project.
Try to make filters self-exclusive in order a document can be definitely assigned. For instance, 'customer but not supplier', 'supplier but not customer'. Otherwise, a specific document folder would jump from one model to another.
For Odoo Enterprise you have 2 options:
To sync only standard documents' attachments, but not to sync folders' and files' structure related to the Enterprise module 'Documents'.
To sync both Odoo standard attachments and to reflect Enterprise Documents' folders/files. In such a case you need an extra add-on Cloud Sync for Enterprise Documents https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/cloud_base_documents/ (44 Euro).
No, the module works with the pre-defined structure of folders:
Odoo - a core folder for sync
Models - folders for each Odoo document type. For example, 'Projects', 'Partners'. Distinguished by domain there might be more specific folders: e.g., 'Customer 1 Projects', 'Projects of the Customer 2', 'Internal Projects', etc.
Objects - folders for each document, e.g. 'Project 1' or 'Customer 1'
Files and folders related to this Odoo document to be synced.
As a result you may have for instance:
Odoo / Projects / Project 1 / files and folders related to the project 1
Odoo / Customer 1 Projects / Project 1; Odoo / Customer 2 Projects / Project 3, ...
Odoo / Customers / Customer 1 / files and folders related to the customer 1
This structure is always flat, meaning that there are only those levels of hierarchy. Thus, it is correct that various document types can't be done within the same structure. Within the folder 'Customer 1' we can't keep the files related both to sale orders, invoices, and projects. Each of those document type has an own (or a few own) folders. Otherwise, we will not have a chance to make backward synchronization, since there would be no criteria to rely upon.
No. We have strong reasons to avoid real time sync:
Performance issues. In case a sync is real time, each file upload will result in the loading screen.
Conflict issues. If 2 users simultaneously change an item, it might lead to unresolved situations. In case of regular jobs we can fix it afterwards, while in case of real time we would need to save it as some queue, and it will be even more misleading for users.
Functionality issues. In particular, renaming and restructuring of items. In the backward sync the tool strictly relies upon directories' logic, and during each sync 100% of items are checked. In case it is done after each update, it will be thousands of requests per second. If not: changes would be lost.
All synced files are kept only in the clouds, in Odoo attachments become of the URL-type. When a user clicks on those, Odoo would redirect him/her to a cloud storage.
No, the tool relies upon a single user end point. It means that all sync processes are done under a single cloud admin (app). Access rights for created folders / files are not automatized. You should administrate those rights in your cloud storage solution.
Yes, although in case of many folders / attachments to sync, the process might be slow. Simultaneously, our clients reported to us the environments with >10k partners and ~5k product variants to be synced, and the processes were acceptable.
A few points to emphasize:
The sync is constructed in such a way that anyway any item will be synced and will not be lost, although it might be not fast. It is guaranteed by first-in-first-out queues and by each job commits.
The number of objects might be limited logically. The models' configuration let you restrict sync of obsolete items (e.g there is no sense to sync archived partners or orders which are done 2 years ago).
No, since files are now kept in the cloud storage, and retrieving binary contents would consume a lot of resources. Odoo has a link which would redirect a user to a proper previewer or editor.
For models' directories (sale orders, opportunities, suppliers, etc.): you may assign your own name on the configuration tab for any document type.
For objects' folders (SO-001, John Smith, etc.): the tool relies upon the Odoo 'name_get' method for this document type. In case you need to make a different title, you should re-define this method for a specific model. It requires source code modification.
No, the tool is only a technical core. You also need the connector for your cloud client.
Yes, depending on your cloud client configuration.
According to the current Odoo Apps Store policies:
- every module bought for the version 12.0 and prior gives you an access to the all versions up to 12.0.
- starting from the version 13.0, every version of the module should be purchased separately.
- disregarding the version, purchasing a tool grants you a right for all updates and bug fixes within a major version.
Take into account that Odoo Tools team does not control those policies. By all questions please contact the Odoo Apps Store representatives directly.
Unzip source code of purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
Red / orange warning itself does not influence features of the app. Regretfully, sometimes our modules do not pass standard automatic tests, since the latter assumes behavior which is in conflict with our apps goals. For example, we change price calculation, while standard Odoo module tests compare final price to standard algorithm.
So, first of all, please check deployed database features. Does everything work correctly?
If you still assume that warning influences real features, please contact us and forward full installation logs and the full lists of deployed modules (including core and third party ones).
As soon as you purchased the app, the button 'Deploy on Odoo.sh' will appear on the app's page in the Odoo store. Push this button and follow the instructions.
Take into account that for paid tools you need to have a private GIT repository linked to your Odoo.sh projects
Odoo demonstration databases (live previews)
For this app we might provide a free personalized demo database.
By your request we will prepare an individual live preview database, where you would be able to apply any tests and to check assumptions during 14 days.
In case you have faced any bugs or inconsistent behavior, do not hesitate to contact us. We guarantee to provide fixes during 60 days after a purchase, while even after this period we are strongly interested to improve our tools.
Please include in your request as many details as possible: screen shots, Odoo server logs, full description of how to re-produce your problem, and so on. Usually it takes a few business days to prepare a working plan by an issue (if a bug is confirmed) or provide you with guidelines what should be done (otherwise).
Public features request and module ideas (free development)
We are strongly motivated to improve our tools and would be grateful for any sort of feedback. In case your requirements are of public use and might be efficiently implemented, the team would include those into our to-do list.
Such to-do list is processed on a regular basis and does not assume extra fees. Altough we cannot promise deadlines and final design, it might be a good way to get desired features without investments and risks.
New features and extra Odoo services (individual development)
Each of our apps might be customized and extended to suit your specific requirements.
Our customization team fulfills not only such jobs but it also provides a full range of Odoo services. From simple modifications and consultations to complex enterprise projects. The team has completed over 100 implementations since 2012, and might help with any technical or business needs.
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with Google Drive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OwnCloud / NextCloud files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with DropBox files in both ways394€
The tool to build deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use. Knowledge System. KMS298€
The tool for time-based service management from booking appointment to sale and reviews399€