Joint Calendar v.9
The tool to combine different Odoo events in a few configurable super calendars. Shared calendar. Common calendar.
- Have an unlimited number of calendars with different events, configurations and user groups included. The menus are generated dynamically!
- All calendars are updated through a regular job
- Configure alarms for joint events and keep always informed, and inform others about required actions and events
Access parent object right from a joint event form. Click on a reference and open merged leads, opportunities, partners (e.g. to have the birthdays on a calendar), tasks, orders, quotations, calls, thus, absolutely any objects with at least one date indicated
Register a new joint event manually like any other Odoo objects. It would not disappear with a next update
Change frequency of the events' update. By default it happens once an hour, but you may change it through Settings > Technical > Automation > Scheduled Jobs > 'Refresh Joint Events'. Besides, you may update joint events just by clicking the button
As soon as you changed a joint event, its parent would be updated correspondingly (if a modified field was not read only or computed)
Show the same object twice but with different start, end or name
- Model - which object to find: leads, tasks, orders and so on
- Name field - which field of the object would be used as joint event name (would be shown on a calendar view). Usually it is Name, Subject or Reference
- Start date field - which field should be used a start of an event. For example, Next Action Date for opportunities or Order Date for quotations. It may be be both Date or Date and Time
- Attendees Fields - which field should be used to find participants. Usually, it is some Responsible or Sales Person. But you may use even Followers. In comparison to other similar modules you may use both users and partners as attendees
- Stop date field - which field to use to define when a joint event is going to be finished. It is also may be Date or Time
- Whole Day Field - a special boolean field, which indicates that a related joint event may lasts the whole day. Such an event would be shown at a special place on a calendar (above the time line)
- Always Whole Day means that all generated events would last the whole day (disregarding whether start or stop are defined with hours and minutes)
- Description Field - which field of a related object is used as notes for joint events. Usually the fields like Internal Notes or Comments are used
- Domain - a special setting, which require advance Odoo technical knowledge. Its goal is to limit a number of objects on a calendar (for example, to show only leads without opportunities: [('type','!=','opportunity')]; and the opposite: [('type','!=','lead')].)
- Action - what action (including views and defaults) to invoke, when you go to a parent object from this joint event.
Select rules for joint calendars:
- The configurations are provided with useful tips: just point a cursor on a field
- Optimize joint events' generation and modification by making time limits. There is no need to show the events of the last year on a calendar! You do not need to wait for ages until the events are created as it in other similar modules
- Define calendars' menus' sequences. Should it be before the previous Super Calendar? Then, make a sequence smaller
- Deactivate a joint calendar to hide menus and corresponding events
- Configure alarms of 2 types: mails and notifications. The schema is the same as it is for Odoo standard calendar events. You may warn attendees and responsible users at the moment you like to: from 5 minutes to hundreds of days before
- Change email styles through Settings > Technical >Email > Templates > Joint Event Notification
- Be cautious: notifications would be shown for portal users, if they are attendees
- The very special feature: Use the app to make customized notifications for any required Odoo objects. Remind sales persons about next actions in leads and calls. Warn workers about a new manufacturing order. Notify programmers about deadlines. You may configure it by your own! Both emails and notifications. In order to do so, just indicate default alarms in required joint calendar settings.
- Only users with administrator rights may configure new joint calendars and related rules to search objects
- Users may see only the public calendars or calendars, to which user groups they belong to. Configure it through the Joint Calendar: the tab Settings > Menu > Privacy
- Users may access only the joint events, to which parents (leads, tasks, orders, etc.) they have access rights. It is equally true for read, write, create and unlink permission. For example, if a sales person doesn't have a right to observe lead, he/she would not see a related joint event as well
- Manually created joint events may be either public (for all employees) or private (visible for attendees only)
Frequently Asked Questions about Joint Calendar Odoo v.9
When the option "Always Whole Day" is turned on, then all generated events created with the rule will last the whole day disregarding whether start or stop are defined with hours and minutes. Such an event will be shown at a special place on a calendar.
For example, if you create a rule for the model "Sale Order", and turn on the option "Always Whole Day", then the event will be placed on the daily and weekly super calendars above the timeline.
If you turn off the option, then, if the start or stop are defined with hours/minutes, the event will be placed at a particular time on the day's timeline and you will see the time before the event's title.
1. There is at least one joint calendar created configured and refreshed. Please refresh your browser page after setting up any joint calendar
2. You have the access to at least one of the calendars
There might be several reasons for that. It is possible, that the related scheduled job hasn't yet took place. In this case, you can launch the cron manually by clicking on the button refresh on the right column of the joint calendar interface.
Also check, whether you have Time Limits set to the calendar as otherwise the events for only a particular time range will be shown. For example, if you have a calendar 'Sale Orders' with time limits 10 days before and 30 days after. If a Sale Order was created, for example, 12 days before, then it will not be shown in the calendar.
Make sure, that there aren't any filters applied to the rules as there might be no records matching them. For example, if you have a rule 'Sale Order' with the filter 'Customer = Deco Addict', then only orders of this customer will be shown in the related calendar.
You can combine as many Odoo documents as you like into a single calendar. Or, you can divide those between several calendars (for example Sales Calendar and Projects, Tasks and Activities Calendar) and then switch between them in the systray.
Rules define which Odoo objects should create events, which fields of that object should be used and shown, and whether any filtering should take place.
While creating a rule, you can define by your own what to consider a joint event title, start or stop date, who are target attendees, etc.
Stop date - a field of the target Odoo model, which defines when an even is shown as finished on a calendar. For example, if you create a rule for the model "Sale Order" and choose the "Delivery Date" for the Stop date field, then the event will be shown in the events menu from the day for which this quotation is planned (Start Date field - Order Date) till the day of the product's delivery.
It is an optional field, so you can leave it empty. In this case, the event will be placed only on the day defined by the Start Date field.
It means that this event was created manually. It has no parent object, and is not regulated by a rule. Such joint events would be available under the filter "Undefined", without color.
All people, who have the access to see the calendar, may create and see its undefined events.
According to the current Odoo Apps Store policies:
- every module bought for the version 12.0 and prior gives you an access to the all versions up to 12.0.
- starting from the version 13.0, every version of the module should be purchased separately.
- disregarding the version, purchasing a tool grants you a right for all updates and bug fixes within a major version.
Take into account that faOtools team does not control those policies. By all questions please contact the Odoo Apps Store representatives directly.
The easiest approach is to use the Odoo store built-in workflow:
1. Open the module's page and click the button Deploy on odoo.sh
2. After that, you will be redirected to the GitHub page. Login to your account and click 'Create a new repo' or use the existing one. Please, make sure, that your repository is private. It is not permitted to publish the apps under the OPL-1 license. If necessary, create a new repo for your Odoo.sh project
3. Then, go to odoo.sh and click on the deploy button, submit the decision in the pop-up window and click 'Continue'. The action will trigger the installation process.
These steps would install the app for your project production branch. If you wanted to deploy the apps for other branches or update the module, you should undertake the following actions:
1. Upload the source code for the app from the Odoo store
2. Commit the module to a required GitHub repository. Make sure that none of the app folders/files are ignored (included in the .gitignore of your repo). Repositories are automatically created by odoo.sh, which might add by default some crucial items there (e.g. /lib). You should upload all module directories, subdirectories, and files without exceptions
3. Deploy a target branch of the odoo.sh project or wait until it is automatically built if your settings assume that.
Unzip the source code of the purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons' directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
A red/orange warning itself does not influence features of the app. Regretfully, sometimes our modules do not pass standard automatic tests, since the latter assumes behavior which is in conflict with our apps goals. For example, we change price calculation, while standard Odoo module tests compare final price to standard algorithm.
So, first of all, please check deployed database features. Does everything work correctly?
If you still assume that warning influences real features, please contact us and forward full installation logs and the full lists of deployed modules (including core and third party ones).
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
The price for our modules is set up in euros. The Odoo store converts prices in others currencies according to its internal exchange rate. Thus, the price in US Dollars may change, when exchange rate changes.
In case you have faced any bugs or inconsistent behavior, do not hesitate to contact us. We guarantee to provide fixes within 60 days after the purchase, while even after this period we are strongly interested to improve our tools.
No phone number or credit card is required to contact us: only a short email sign up which does not take more than 30 seconds.
Please include in your request as many details as possible: screenshots, Odoo server logs, a full description of how to reproduce your problem, and so on. Usually, it takes a few business days to prepare a working plan for an issue (if a bug is confirmed) or provide you with guidelines on what should be done (otherwise).
Public features requests and module ideas (free development)
We are strongly motivated to improve our tools and would be grateful for any sort of feedback. In case your requirements are of public use and might be efficiently implemented, the team would include those in our to-do list.
Such a to-do list is processed on a regular basis and does not assume extra fees. Although we cannot promise deadlines and final design, it might be a good way to get desired features without investments and risks.
No phone number or credit card is required to contact us: only a short email sign up which does not take more than 30 seconds.
The tool to flexibly structure Odoo attachments in folders and synchronize directories with cloud clients: Google Drive, OneDrive/SharePoint, Nextcloud/ownCloud, and Dropbox. DMS. File Manager. Document management system245€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OneDrive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with Google Drive files in both ways394€
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with ownCloud/Nextcloud files in both ways394€
The tool to build a deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use. Knowledge System. KMS. Wiki-like revisions.298€
The tool for time-based service management from booking appointments to sales and reviews
The tool to set up KPI targets and control their fulfillment by periods. KPI dashboard. Dashboard designer. KPI charts198€
The tool to create website documentation based on your knowledge base437€